Volunteer recruitment for the 2016 tax season will take place October 19 – December 31. Check back for more details soon!
Thank you clients, volunteers, and supporters for a successful 2015 tax season!
- In 2015, the coalition filed 10,152 tax returns, resulting in $14,072,603 in tax refunds, including $6,360,606 in Earned Income Tax Credits.
- 345 volunteers donated 21,535 hours of their time to the Coalition during the 2015 tax season.
- PA 2-1-1 Southwest received 18,955 calls for information about free tax help in 2015. This was a 50% increase in tax-related calls from the previous year.
The United Way and Money In Your Pocket Coalition offer free tax preparation services for low-to-moderate income individuals and families so that you can receive your full refund at tax time.
Since 2006, we have partnered with the IRS to train and certify hundreds of community volunteers to provide quality tax assistance to households earning up to $53,000 a year.
We’re here to help you:
- Locate high quality free tax help
- Access valuable federal tax credits (such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit) that can put thousands of dollars back into your pockets. The EITC is a tax credit designed to help low-wage workers.
- Avoid check cashing and refund anticipation loan fees
- Connect to other services that may assist you in stabilizing and improving your financial situation
In 2015, the Money In Your Pocket Coalition is hosting 24 free tax preparation sites in neighborhoods throughout six counties in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The Money In Your Pocket Coalition has tax sites in Allegheny, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland counties.
PA 2-1-1 Southwest can schedule tax appointments for taxpayers in Allegheny, Armstrong, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland and can refer taxpayers to sites in Beaver, Indiana, and Lawrence counties, where they can receive tax assistance.
Beyond tax season, the non-profit agencies that make up the Money In Your Pocket Coalition are able to offer you year-round assistance in finding help when times get tough.